Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 sweet apples
- 1 pear
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 g / 17 oz butternut squash
- 5 dates
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup purified or distilled water
- knife and cutting board
- mandolin slicer
- Peel the butternut squash.
- Cut the butternut squash in half.
- Remove the seeds from the butternut squash.
- Put the butternut squash in the freezer and let it freeze.
- Take the butternut squash out of the freezer and let it thaw.*
Freezing and thawing food results in bursting of the food cells, which gives a cooked texture of food without cooking.
- Squeeze the thawed butternut squash to drain the excess water from it.
- Grate the butternut squash all the way to the tough part that was closest to the peel – this piece will go into the blender.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put the remaining piece of butternut squash, dates, cinnamon and water in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into a sweet sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the grated pumpkin.
- Mix everything well.
- Peel the apples or pears.
- Using the flat blade on the mandolin slicer, cut the apples and pears into thin slices.
- Put some filling on one slice of apple or pear, and then top with another slice.
- Place the mini pies on the dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate these mini pies at 48 C / 118 F degrees for about an hour.
- Remove the pies from the dehydrator, sprinkle some cinnamon on top of them.
I hope these mini pies will win your heart. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of
111 healthy and delicious
low-fat raw vegan recipes