Ingredient for the layers:
- 2-3 zucchini
Ingredients for the marinara sauce:
- 300 g / 10 oz of fresh tomatoes
- 30 g / 1 oz of dried tomatoes
- ½ fresh sweet red peppers
- 1 dried sweet red pepper
- ½ teaspoons of oregano
Ingredients for the dill sauce:
- 1 zucchini
- 30 g / 1 oz of sunflower seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 sprigs of dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- knife and cutting board
- mandolin slicer
- Soak the sunflower seeds in water for about 8 hours. *
* Seeds and nuts are soaked in water to remove the phytic acid found in them. Phytic acid is an antinutrent which binds to minerals and thus prevent their assimilation in the body. Soaking also softens seeds and nuts, which makes them easier to digest.
- Peel the zucchinis.
- Using the mandolin slicer, slice the zucchinis lengthwise into thin slices.
- For the marinara sauce, put fresh and dried tomatoes, fresh and dried bell peppers and oregano in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into the marinara sauce.
- Transfer the sauce to a strainer and allow the excess liquid to drain.
- For the dill sauce, put the peeled and chopped zucchini, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and 2-3 sprigs of spice in a blender.
- Blend these ingredients into the dill sauce.
- Arrange zucchini slices in the lasagna bowl so that they form layers.
- Add the dill sauce and marinara sauce alternately between the layers.
- Top the lasagna with some thin tomato and bell pepper slices, as well as finely chopped dill.
I hope these lasagna will win you over at the first bite. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes