Intermittent fasting is a digestive rest in between meals, which means consuming nothing but plain water in between meals. I would specially point out the following health benefits of this practice:
- Rested muscles of the digestive tract have a better ability to contract, ie performing peristalsis.
- Digestion and elimination are more efficient.
- Teeth are less exposed to the possibility of leaving food debris on the tooth surface.
- You feel real hunger and enjoy the meals more.
- Presence at meal is developed and practiced.
- There is more time left for other activities in a day.
- It is easier and more efficient to exercise when the digestive system is not working overtime.
I hope you find this information useful. If so, please share this blog post. Do you practice having digestive rest in between meals or not? Please leave your answers in the comment section below.
How You Can Benefit from Adopting a Raw Vegan Diet
Receive this GIFT for You - a FREE eBOOK
In this eBook you will
- learn which common diseases can be easily prevented and reversed with a healthy raw vegan diet
- get scientific arguments on why a healthy plant based diet is the diet for health
- learn what is the neglected, yet vitally important, health assessment that most doctors do not take into consideration