Learn how to make a beautiful dried citrus home decoration that will look beautifully in your home and smell like fresh honey-cookies. 🏡👌
- your favourite citrus fruits – quantities – enough so that the slices of these fruits cover the dehydrator trays
- a couple of anise stars
- a knife and cutting board
- a dehydrator
- a cardboard box
- a mask for protecting airways
- a hair spray
- glass jar
- Thinly slice your favourite citrus fruits.
- Place the citrus slices onto the dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate the citrus slices at 118 F / 46 C degrees for about 8 hours, that is, until the slices are completely dry, yet not crispy.
- Remove the dried citrus slices from the dehydrator.
- Place the dried citrus slices on a flat surface or even inside a cardboard box.
- Put a protective mask over the airways.
- Using a hair spray, apply a thin layer on dried citrus slices and leave them outside to dry.
- When dried, flip all the slices, then repeat this step on the other side of the slices.
- Glue a couple of star anise on a couple of dried citrus slices.
- Put all the citrus slices inside a glass jar.
- If desired, add a cinnamon stick decorated with a bow and decorative stone.
And there you have it! You have your dried citrus decoration that looks beautiful and smells like still warm honey cakes. 🏡👌
I hope you like this decoration idea and that you will gladly make it for your home as well.
Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of
Raw yet Warm
my collection of 39
healthy and delicious dehydrator recipes