- 400 g / 14 oz cauliflower
- 200 g / 7 oz carrots
- 200 g / 7 oz cucumbers
- 100 g / 3.5 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 300 g / 10.5 oz of seedless tangerines
- 30 g / 1 oz hulled hemp seeds
Interesting about hemp seeds
- are the only seeds that do not contain phytic acid, so they do not need to be soaked before use.
- unlike most nuts and seeds, they have a very favorable ratio of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- do not require dehydration after their removal from the shells.
- come from a hemp plant that is grown organically.
- knife and cutting board
- hygienic gloves
- Remove the leaves and stalk from the cauliflower.
- Peel the carrots.
- Put the cauliflower and carrots in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the cauliflower and carrots from the freezer.
- Leave the frozen vegetables to thaw.
- Put on clean hygienic gloves, and squeeze the thawed vegetables well to remove the excess water from them.
- Finely chop up the cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers and shiitake mushrooms.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Peel the tangerines.
- Put the tangerines and hemp seeds in the blender.
- Blend these two ingredients into a dressing.
- Add the dressing to the chopped vegetables.
- Mix everything well.
- Serve this Russian salad on a plate, and my warm recommendation is to serve it along with Marina’s salad.
Enjoy this crispy and fresh salad. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes
This Post Has 2 Comments
1.For “Ingredients – Cauliflower”: Can you provide a substitute (perhaps in brackets) for people who need to refer to a Low FODMAP nutrient?
2.The red button for ‘Click’ has a letter ‘l’ (like L) missing.
Thank you for your kind comment.
1) Definitely zucchini, prepared without this freezing technique, but rather just processed into a rice like consisteny.
2) Oh, thank you for drawing my attention to this. I will correct this.