Ingredients for the cupcake base:
- 400 g / 14 oz dates
- 800 g / 28 oz carrots
- 1 orange
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the icing:
- 250 g / 8.8 oz of apples
- 50 g / 1.7 oz of dried apples
- knife and cutting board
- citrus press
- food processor
- cupcake paper holders
- Peel the carrots.
- Put the carrots in the freezer and let them freeze.
- Take the carrots out of the freezer and let them thaw.
- This process will soften the carrots.
- Chop up the thawed carrots.
- Put the chopped carrots in the food processor.
- With the S blade, process the carrots into a rice like consistency.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Add the dates to the food processor.
- Cut the orange in half.
- Juice the orange.
- Remove the seeds from the orange pulp.
- Add the orange juice and pulp to the food processor.
- Add some cinnamon to the food processor.
- Blend these ingredients together into a somewhat chunky consistency.
- Transfer the cupcake mixture into a bowl.
- Taking some of the mixture at a time, make ball shapes out of the mixture.
- Place each ball into a cupcake paper holder.
- Peel the apple.
- Remove the stalk and seeds from the apple.
- Chop up the apple.
- Put the dried apples in the blender first.
- Dry-blend the dried apples into flour.
- Add the chopped apple to this dried apple flour in the blender.
- Blend these two ingredients into the cupcake icing.
- Put the resulting icing in the cupcake decorating pipe.
- Top the cupcakes with the icing.
I hope you enjoy this blend of flavors and textures. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of
111 healthy and delicious
low-fat raw vegan recipes