- about 500 g / 17 oz of fresh dates
- 1 tablespoon of raw carob powder
- 1 teaspoon mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- for each egg one almond or two raspberries or a couple of pomegranate seeds
- food processor
- decorative napkins, scissors and tape
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put the dates, carob, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in the food processor.
- Blend these ingredients until you get a dough like mixture.
- Sprinkle some carob on a tray and then add about half a spoon of the dough like mixture.
- Put either one almond or two raspberries or a couple of pomegranate seeds in the middle of the mixture.
- In a circular motion, press the mixture over the carob, forming it into an egg shape.
- Continue like this until you have used up all the mixture.
- Put these surprise eggs in the fridge and leave them to cool for a couple of hours.
- Divide each decorative napkin into quarters and prepare tape.
Take the surprise eggs out of the fridge.
- Wrap each egg in one piece of napkin and tape it.
- If your napkins have a bunny pattern, like mine, form bunny ears… because what is a bunny without ears ?! 😉
- And now… guess which egg is with almonds, which with raspberries, and which with pomegranate!
I hope you will sweetly surprise your loved ones with these healthy surprise eggs. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes