Ingredients for the base:
- 150 g / 5.3 oz of fresh dates
- 50 g / 1.7 oz of raw carob powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 200 g / 7 oz bananas (measured without peel)
- 100 g / 3.5 oz of dried apples
- 50 g / 1.7 oz strawberries
Ingredients for the decoration:
- 1 sweet apple
- food processor
- flower-shaped silicone muffin molds
- knife and cutting board
- butterfly-shaped fruit cutter (in the shape of a butterfly or any other shape of your choice)
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put the dates and carob powder in the food processor.
- Process these ingredients into a dough like mixture.
- Put some dough into a silicon muffin mold, pressing it to the bottom and along the inner walls of the mold.
- Continue until you use up all the dough.
- Place the molds in the freezer to have the muffin crusts tighten up.
- Peel the bananas.
- Put the dried apples in the blender.
- Blend the dried apples into flour.
- Add the bananas and strawberries to the flour in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into a creamy filling.
- Remove the molds from the freezer.
- Fill up each mild with some filling.
Now we have flowers, so we need butterflies 🙂
- Peel the apple.
- Cut the apple into thin slices.
- From each slice, make a butterfly shape with a butterfly-shaped cutter.
- Let one butterfly land on each flower, and then return them together to the freezer to have the muffins tighten up.
- As for the flowers, we also need leaves, so we will employ spinach leaves for this cause.
- Spring muffins are ready!
I hope you like these spring muffins and that they will sweeten your spring. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of
111 healthy and delicious
low-fat raw vegan recipes