Today, I am answering one of the very common questions: what foods can save you from viruses? The truth is: none. There is no such food that can isolate you from a virus. If you are exposed to a virus, there is a good chance that you get a virus.
However, the focus of your attention should not even be on any virus as that only creates panic and fear, both of which don’t serve you. Of course, make sure you are maintaining proper hygiene.
It is far wiser, more productive and more effective to focus on what conditions you can give to your body to increase its defensive power against exogenous pathogens. And that is where you diet plays a significant role.
In this blog post you will learn:
- which are the foods that increase the body’s toxemia level while reducing the body’s ability to defend against pathogens;
- which are the foods that do not leave toxins in the body and at the same time increase the body’s ability to defend against pathogens;
First we are going to list those foods that increase the toxemia of the body and at the same time reduce the body’s power to defend against pathogens. I will list 6 major groups of these foods.
6) Cooked foods in general
Heating food itself damages some nutrients in food, but to be fair, also increases the bio-availability of some other nutrients in the same food. Now, we can argue whether it is safe and wise to process foods in such a way that we trick our taste buds to eat something that is not edible for us in its original form. But I am leaving that discussion for another time.
Now we are going to focus on the main problem with heating foods. Cooking creates various chemical compounds that are toxic to the human body. Let’s list just a few of them, the most notorious ones:
- heterocyclic amines
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
And these are just a few of many chemical compounds created in the cooking process, many of which are carcinogens, mutagens and teratogens.
Some of these toxic ingredients are found even in the smoke of cooked foods, the most dangerous one is the barbecue smoke.
Of course, not all cooking is detrimental to health in the same way. For those who chose to eat cooked foods, the safest option is boiled or steamed vegetables.
5) Grains and grain products like flour and bran
Grains in general are not food for humans, let alone healthy. Some of the basic indicators of this claim are that:
- In their original form, grains are not edible for humans;
- Grains are not fruits of the plants, but rather seeds of the grass and plants save their seeds from being eaten, but putting toxins in the seeds. Grains contain toxic anti-nutrients, like lectins and phytates;
- Grains lack vitamin C, and this vitamin is crucial for people’s health, as humans, unlike true carnivorous, don’t have the ability to synthesize vitamin C in their bodies. And let me be clear on this, it is crucial for people to get their vitamin C from whole, fresh foods, not from the supplements. So, it doesn’t make sense to center people’s diet around the food that lacks vitamin C.
- Grains contain sticky proteins such as avenins in the case of oats, and gluten in the case of wheat, rye, barley, and these proteins damage the delicate inner intestinal wall in humans;
- Insoluble fibers in whole grains and in the bran, act like tiny razors against the inner wall of the intestines, damaging it and thus leading to leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis;
- Diets that are heavy in grains are linked to arterial hardening and cancer;
Flour is powder made from grains that is used in making bread, pasta and pastry. And do you know which one is probably the most commonly used oxymoron? Fresh bread.
Because how can something be fresh if it is made of grains harvested at least a year or two years earlier and then they were sitting in the mill, in the supermarkets, and in the bakeries or homes, before they were actually made into fresh bread.
Not to mention all the additives, sugar, salt, oil and other toxic ingredients that are added to bakery products.
For the human health, health of soil and diversity f the ecosystems, it is essential that all land that is used for the grain production, be replaced by permaculture organic orchards and vegetable gardens.
4) Oils, sugar, protein powders and supplements
What do these four foods have in common?
These four foods have in common that they are all isolated nutrients from whole foods.
- Sugar is an isolated sweet macronutrient from a whole food.
- Oil is an isolated fatty macronutrient from a whole foods.
- Protein powder is an isolated protein macronutrient from a whole food.
- Supplements are isolated micronutrients, whether a vitamin or mineral, from whole foods.
Each isolated, and thus oxidized, ingredient is toxic to the human body which is designed for whole foods, not isolated nutrients.
Research clearly shows that:
- sugar impairs intelligence, suppress the defense power of the body and is associated with various diseases;
- oils damage the inner walls of blood vessels;
- protein powders, as well as various supplements, have a detrimental effect on health;
Conclusion: we cannot perfect nature, because nature is already perfect. By processing perfect whole foods, we cannot create better foods.
3) Alcohol, coffee, tobacco
- Alcohol – is a cellular killer, and the major organs that get damaged from alcohol are the liver and… the brain;
- Coffee – is one of the most pesticide-sprayed crops in the world, but even if you have organic coffee, it doesn’t help much, because it is a socially accepted, recreational drug that drains the adrenal glands, thus causing chronic fatigue; due its acidic minerals, it leaves acidic metabolic ash in the body which depletes the body of its alkaline minerals such as Ca and Mg;
- Tobacco – one would think that there is nothing to explain here, but unfortunately, even under this whole panic of the respiratory virus, people still smoke.
2) Milk and dairy products
Cow’s milk is a perfect food for cow’s baby. Goat’s milk is a perfect food for goat’s baby.
Milk of any species meets the nutritional requirements of a baby of that species. Not only is cow’s milk nutritionally inadequate for the nutritional needs of humans, it also contains protein casein, which is a carcinogen in the human body and is associated with the development of diabetes type 1; and lactose, milk sugar, leaves toxic galactose in the human body.
Furthermore, all dairy products are full of hormones, antibiotics, pus, bacteria and viruses.
Milk and dairy products are extremely toxic.
1) Meat, fish is meat, and all animal products
The science is so clear about the connection between the animal consumption and the onset of: diabetes, heart blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, kidney failure, that it is only a matter of time before the meat industry is as obligated as the tobacco industry, to obligatory put warning on their packages: eating killed animals causes degenerative diseases in the human body.
But the story around meat is far more complex and deeper… Do you know where the coronavirus appeared? At a meat market in China.
Which is not a surprise considering such a place, with all the headless corpses hanging all around. Such a place is naturally optimal for the virus proliferation.
Have you ever passed by a cattle farm? When you have to hold your breath because everything in the air smells like death?
There’s nothing more to say here. For humanity to remain alive at all, it is necessary to replace livestock farms, slaughterhouses and butcher shops with permaculture, organic orchards and veggetable gardens. Butchers themselves would be first in the line to be very grateful for this, as this would bring them a relief from the job which is a horror for themselves.
And now it’s time for the bright side! What is the food that gives the body the best nutritional value, leaves statistic zero of toxins, and increases the body’s ability to fight pathogens with phytonutrients?
These are fresh fruits and vegetables with moderate amounts of nuts and seeds.
Humans, by their anatomy and physiology, are primarily designed to eat fruits, young greens and moderate amounts of nuts and seeds.
Some basic points to support this claim:
- Humans have a sweet tooth for a reason;
- Humans have the anatomy of a climber and human hand has the anatomy of a gatherer;
- Every cell of the human body prefers glucose as its primary fuel;
- Human dental formula is ideal for biting on fruits;
- Humans have long, curvy intestines, perfect for passing water-rich food;
- Fruits, and especially tropical fruits, provide us with ideal nutrition along with phytonutrients, chemical found only in plans, that the body uses to increase its power to defend against pathogens and to maintain itself in health.
I realize that nowadays supermarkets are filled with 90% of all that is not food, and only a small portion is provided for fresh fruits and vegetables. But you know what’s good about this? The good thing is that power is always in the hands of consumers! The following rule has always applied and always will: demand dictates supply.
So I urge you to empty the shelves of fresh food in the shops, but even more so to buy fruits and vegetables from local farmers, especially from small family-farms – support them, vote for them with your money, as they have one of the most important and hardest jobs – creating fresh, real food.
I hope that this blog post is beneficial to you. Thank you in advance for sharing it and commenting down below.
How You Can Benefit from Adopting a Raw Vegan Diet
Receive this GIFT for You - a FREE eBOOK
In this eBook you will
- learn which common diseases can be easily prevented and reversed with a healthy raw vegan diet
- get scientific arguments on why a healthy plant based diet is the diet for health
- learn what is the neglected, yet vitally important, health assessment that most doctors do not take into consideration