Ingredients for the crust:
- 450 g / 16 oz dates
- 150 g / 5.3 oz of raw carob powder
Ingredients for the filling:
- 300 g / 21 oz of fresh bananas
- 600 g / 42 oz dried bananas
- 1 tablespoon raw carob powder
Ingredients for the decoration:
- knife and cutting board
- food processor
- cake mold
- baking paper
- Peel the bananas.
- Slice the bananas lengthwise.
- Put the banana slices onto dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate the banana slices at 48 C / 118 F degrees for about 8 hours.
- Remove the pits from the dates.
- Put the dates and carob powder in the food processor.
- Blend these ingredients into a dough-like mixture.
- Place a baking paper sheet on the bottom of the cake mold.
- Put the dough into the cake mold.
- Spread the mixture over the entire surface of the bottom of the cake mold, thus creating the cake crust.
- Put the fresh and dried bananas, as well as the carob powder in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into a filling.
- Transfer the filling to the cake mold.
- Place the cake in the freezer to tighten.
- Take the cake out of the freezer.
- Transfer the cake from the mold on a tray.
- Garnish the cake with some raspberries.
- The cake is done!
When bananas take on the color of carob in a thick filling and then are joined by pink raspberries, you get an irresistible combination of colors and flavors. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of
111 healthy and delicious
low-fat raw vegan recipes