- zucchini – quantities are optional
- 500 g / 17 oz tomatoes
- 20 g / 0.7 oz dried tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized salad cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
- 30 g / 1 oz of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon dried celery
- 2 small sweet red peppers
- 1/3 teaspoon dried sweet pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon oregano
- 1 penny bun
- knife and cutting board
- citrus press
- food decorating pipe
- Soak the sunflower seeds in purified water for about 8 hours.
- Rinse the sunflower seeds.
- Peel the zucchinis.
- Cut the zucchinis in halves.
- Spoon out the middles of the zucchinis so that you are left with boat shapes.
- Place the zucchini boats in the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate the zucchini boats at 48 C / 118 F degrees for about 4 hours.
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Juice a half of the lemon.
- Put the zucchini middles, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and celery salt in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients in a white sauce.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the bell pepper.
- Chop up one bell pepper.
- Chop up 300 g / 10 oz of tomatoes.
- Put the chopped tomatoes, chopped bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, dried pepper and oregano in the blender.
- Blend these ingredients into ketchup.
- Pour the ketchup in the food decorating pipe.
- Separate the mushroom cap from the mushroom stalk.
- Slice the mushroom cap thinly.
- Peel the mushroom stalk, and slice it thinly.
- Slice the rest of the tomatoes, as well as the cucumber and the other bell peppers.
- Fill the slightly dehydrated zucchini boats with the white sauce, veggie slice and then top it all with ketchup in a zigzag motion of the food decorating pipe.
- You can leave the sandwiches open, or cover them with another slice of slightly dehydrated zucchini slice.
- Return the sandwiches to the dehydrator and dehydrate them for another hour.
- The sandwiches are done.
- A little tip: wrap each sandwich in a piece of food foil or napkin, for the sake of holding all the ingredients together easier.
Enjoy healthy sandwiches. Thanks in advance for commenting and sharing this recipe.
Order your copy of my collection of 111
healthy and delicious recipes